Monday, May 2, 2016

Reflective Post

    When I signed up for this course I had no idea what to expect; al I knew was it had to do with technology and teaching. Now looking back I was actually very surprised with all the work we had to do with technology and websites and using web tools for our blogs. In the syllabus one of the learning outcomes was "The students will develop an Internet-based project that uses technology as both a medium and a goal of K-12 instruction." One of my favorite assignments that we had to do was the collaborative lesson plan. Although it was difficult for everyone to be in touch with one another, one of my group-mates came through and we worked well together and got along well.

    I really enjoyed this course when it came to making things for the blogs, but some of the websites were really slow and didn't work well, an finding websites on our own is hard. I really had fun making the bitstrips and the flyer. I think it's a good idea for people to take this class it's not difficult it's just time consuming. I liked doing these little activities with my blogs because it helped me get my creative juices flowing.

    This course is helpful for those of us that are going to be teachers in the near future because it helped with learning how to make a lesson plan, and websites that can be used for teaching students and making comics for a lesson in a classroom were discovered. This course really gave me an understanding of how technology has really taken over in the classrooms these days.

    Another topic I felt passionate about was the bullying and cyberbullying. I've been a victim and so have many of my friends. As a future teacher I hope students can come to me when they feel that they are being bullied. I will not tolerate it whatsoever. It's horrible and a lot of the outcomes are scary.

Overall as I said many times I really enjoyed this course; it was fun and very different from what I am used to, and it got me out of my comfort zone when I was discovering something new.


Resources:

B. (n.d.). Bitstrips Home. Retrieved May 02, 2016, from http://bitstrips.com/

July 20 event, No Bully Zone, is community effort to stop bullying. (2013). Retrieved May 02, 2016, from http://social.cummins.com/july-20-event-no-bully-zone-is-community-effort-to-stop-bullying/

Lindstrom, A. (2015). Educational Technology in the Classroom. Retrieved May 02, 2016, from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9kdIBlM424











No comments:

Post a Comment