Sunday, March 6, 2016

Digital Blog #D

    The first concepts I am going to discuss are synchronous and asynchronous communications. I actually didn't know what these were. I've never heard of these terms to describe the forms of communication technology before. Most people tend to use synchronous communication (texting and phone calling) because it is faster and more direct, but in some cases asynchronous communication is used. Asynchronous communication takes longer to wait for a reply because this form of communication is practiced through the use of emails, discussions, or blogs. I feel that information is probably usually passed synchronously because it gets around a lot quicker that way. As a teacher I know that I will be using both of these forms of communication technology by phone calling parents, emailing them, and by passing out grades.

    The second concept I will discuss is teaching beyond the school day. I have had to go online onto my teachers' blogs for my classes to check what was for homework, links for what my teachers wanted us to learn, and what was to be expected in the upcoming week at school. School is only about six hours long when you're not in college and even in college classes are about twice a week for about an hour and a half. There's literally not enough time to teach everything which is why electronic communications can really come in handy. As a future first grade or kindergarten teacher teaching beyond the school day will mostly be for parents to access to work with the children.

    The last concept I wish to discuss is engaging students. I know that students get easily bored if they are not engaged in some sort of activity. I know that teachers can give students website that they can use as an engaging activity that connects to the given lesson. I believe teachers and students all benefit when students are actively engaged in the class. As a future teacher engaging my students will be one of my biggest and most important mission. There are many ways students can be engaged whether its worksheets in the class or a website that is given to them, and I believe they are all effective in the way students want to learn.

Make comments.

Digital Blog Post #D

By kbencosme | View this Toon at ToonDoo | Create your own Toon
 
Resources::

Bencosme, K. (2016, March 06). Digital Blog Post #D by kbencosme - ToonDoo - World's fastest way to create cartoons! Retrieved March 06, 2016, from http://www.toondoo.com/View.toon?param=9815880

Maloy, Robert, Verock-O’Loughlin,Ruth-Ellen, Edwards, Sharon A., and Woolf, Beverly Park (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment