Sunday, April 3, 2016

Digital Blog Post #E

    The first concept I will discuss is Learning Assessments (Knowing What Students Have Learned). I've had several classes where we would take pre-tests and then take the same test again after the lesson to see what we learned. Teachers would also summarize what was taught and like not complete the sentences and we (us students) would have to fill in the blank of their (the teacher) sentences. I believe this is a good idea in terms that it helps teachers and students know what the student might be having trouble with. The thing about pre-tests and post-tests is that there are students that no matter how much they study or how much they know they're not good test takers. Bad test takers won't help anyone know what is being learned or not learned.

    The second concept I am going to discuss is Multimedia Technologies In Schools Today. My generation grew up using multimedia technologies in the classrooms. Teachers used PowerPoint presentations, discs with videos that went with the lessons, etc. Today technology has advanced so much and it's only been two years since I graduated high school. There are so many multimedia technologies out there to help teacher in classrooms. I want to teach first grade therefore, multimedia technologies would be a big help on how to capture the attention of the youngins in my class. The only thing about multimedia technologies that I have an issue with is that teacher may use them a lot more than they should and wont come up with their own ideas to help their students learn.


    The final concept I will discuss is Democratic Schools and Classrooms. I never attended a democratic school and only a fraction of the classes I have ever been in were democratic. Mostly the teachers that were more laid back and not as strict let students. Democratic schools and classrooms are a good idea if I'm being honest. I believe teachers and students should work together to decide what is best for the students and the school. As a teacher I will do my share of letting students vote on what learning activity they wish to practice. The only problem with this is that teachers may feel like they can ignore the students because they are children and not adults. I think that's wrong, but not all teacher value the opinions of their students.

Make Comments


Resources:

http://democraticeducation.org/index.php/library/resource/bringing_democratic_education_to_your_classroom_and_school/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4zrgOLNC58

Maloy, Robert, Verock-O’Loughlin,Ruth-Ellen, Edwards, Sharon A., and Woolf, Beverly Park (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment